Every year on Amazon’s birthday they decide to bless us with the biggest online deals of the year. Some might even say it’s bigger than Cyber Monday. Tuesday, July 11 will be the third annual Prime Day. If you aren’t already a member, they provide a free 30-day membership trial. Hurry, the sale ends soon.
Here’s five of the best facts we thought you might want to know about Prime Day:
- The first Amazon Prime Day was in July 2015 in honor of Amazon’s 20th. More like happy birthday to us!
- This year, Prime day was extended to 30 hours, starting at 9PM on July 10th! That’s exactly what we need, 6 more hours to spend the rest of our paycheck.
- Amazon added a new function, where you can watch a deal throughout the day to see if it gets better. That way you get the biggest deal possible. Amazon will also give you suggestions on things you might like to buy. Its like having a personal shopper in your computer.
- Sales increased by over 60% in 2016- the annual Prime Day. Once word spread about the first Prime day, Amazon users couldn’t pass up the great savings.
- There are even deals on your favorite movies, whether you want to rent or buy the newest releases!